Part-time Social Media Intern
Closing date: Tue 31 Aug 2021
About usColourful has been home to the 24/7 celebration of African and African-Caribbean culture, music, people and passion for nearly 20 years.
We broadcast across DAB radio and live from our dedicated website every day.
And you'll also find us right in the middle of some of the community's biggest events.
As we move into a new phase, we’re looking for creative ways to tell bold and brave stories.
You’ll be a creative, ambitious and social media savvy person who lives and breathes the culture with:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for social media, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of graphic products, including Photoshop and Canva
- Basic understanding of data analysis
- A passion for African/diaspora music, history and popular and sub cultures
- Excellent understanding of SEO fundamentals
- An excellent eye for design and detail.
We’re looking for someone to join our team for an initial 6 months who can:
- develop and execute a social strategy to drive awareness and engagement
- develop new ideas and narratives
- commit to building a schedule of posts to be released twice a day
- analyse analytics to improve performance
- commit to working part-time for at least 2 days a week.
You’ll be able to make a significant contribution to our key channels where you will:
- write posts to brand and style guidelines
- edit and proofread content
- research people, topics and tags
- publish posts across social channels
- collaborate with Colourful’s talent to schedule posts
- react on brand and message to changing events
You can work remotely but there might be occasions when you would need to attend studio sessions.
What's on offer
This is a great and varied opportunity to:
- showcase your ability to build and measure your impact with a commercial brand
- be a part of a fun and visionary team
- contribute to a growing brand
- grow your career in social media
If that sounds like you, please message firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- a resume detailing your experience
- examples of your work or a link to your portfolio